Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Friday's Project Update: World's Easiest Quilt












The "World's Easiest Quilt" has turned out to be a little more complicated and time consuming than I had thought.  At the same time it is my first quilt and one I just threw together!  It all started weeks ago when my little girl and I decided to work on a quilt together.  I was soooo excited at her willingness to do anything crafty that I jumped right in with both feet and little sense!  We went to the fabric store and had a glorious time picking out what I really thought were the absolutely brightest fabrics I had ever seen.  I was planning to make some sort of strip quilt.  After seeing the fabrics she chose I thought a lot of white would be a good thing.  After I sewed the long strips together she decided that I should come no where near them with any sort of cutting device. So I was left with this long, large striped fabric rectangle-ish. (Later I decided it is actually some sort of trapezoid.)  I went ahead and added a strip border while her back was turned. Originally I planned to use a flat twin sheet I already had as the backing.  It proved to be too short so we needed to add more fabric.  To keep it exciting we actually tie dyed some muslin (more on this soon), which was so much fun!  I'm currently wrapping the backing around to created a rolled binding.  I really subscribe to the just do it style of crafting so, even though I have no clue really what I'm doing I just pull it out and re-do it until it looks right!  She's thrilled and I don't think she'll outgrow the color scheme any time soon so that's great!  I will share some things that did make this one of the easiest quilts ever next Friday.  P.S. I truly did iron this thing many times.  After ironing the seams and noticing how the white muslin almost instantly reverted I just smiled and gave up!  It's all good!