Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Friday, April 29, 2011

How to Decide

Today was a day for decisions, just as they all are.  Mine weren't all monumental- in fact none of them involved life threatening events.  Maybe they were all life changing though. Who knows these things? As they apparently say in every other country but America....which is why we find so many other countries so much more charming than our own.  They are willing to give up the control of knowledge of the future.  I know it's not a completely American sentiment, but it does seem like we are always in a rush to know, to control, to win, WIN, WIN. Sometimes it's okay to not win, to not rush, to just wait. It's okay not to know.  Almost nobody does.  If you really think about it everyone is struggling every day to make the decisions that fill their time and make their lives.  Here are two of the decisions I faced today- one light and easy and one not so much...
First decision- sweater or flip flops?  Both!  Decision Making Plan # !When you have a decision and it's possible to go both ways a little to test the waters- go for it and see which feels more right.  I want warm weather- today my Virginia home simply didn't bring it.  I worked with it and the sum total of a warm body and sunny toes felt great.




There have been much larger decisions looming for a while now.  Will we be moving soon?  Work, income, schooling; the questions usually pile up in my head, whirling nonstop.  Almost every single time for the last year or two when I have gotten to go to the river with my family the questions grow to a fever pitch.  Something about the fresh air not only sets my creativity loose, but has me looking for creative solutions to all life's problems as well.  Today there was only silence.  It was welcome.  Decision Making Plan #2: Just wait for fate.  We put a lot of things in motion, now is the time to focus on each day and just wait for what fate brings our way. I'm sure all of my questions will be answered it ways I hadn't imagined.
   

Tomorrow's Post: Decision Making Part 3: Decide on the Fly!