Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

How to Make a Decision Plan 3

Sometimes you are faced with a decision and you have to respond immediately.  You do not have the luxury of slipping gently into the grey by choosing both.  You do not have the time to put out some pathways and wait for fate to do her thing.  Sometimes it's all or nothing.  When this happens trust your gut reaction.  You primary instinct is almost always correct.  There's a scientific explanation for it.  A part of your brain used to digest information quickly and act simply takes over, and it's a great thing it does.  If you are being chased by an angry bull, say, through the streets of Madrid (not that I'm in favor of the running of the bulls, this is merely included as a life threatening situation)  you do not have the time to think, Which of these fine eateries would be best foe my exit from his street?  Are my shoes up to this dubious task?  Am I wearing any leather products which could possibly further enrage my charging enemy?  Nope- thankfully your body just runs and does whatever else it needs to do to get you out.  Similarly, if you are faced with a less life threatening situation like whether or not to lie to your child about the hideous spider you just killed because it was crawling up inside her nightgown (her very nightgown!!) like it had every right to be there doing spidery things, then follow your gut.  My gut said LIE!  Lie to her for she is the most compassionate of all creatures.  She will not watch the bad guys get hurt in shows!  Even when they hurt themselves it still bothers her.  I know this, I know that she will not tolerate any violence of harm to another creature.  But what do I do?  When she calls me on it I try to explain the truth.  No she didn't hear the door open because this guy didn't make it outside.  While she didn't witness the execution, se had basically caught me putting the the Tissue of Doom in the trash.  She knew.  "What really happened Mommy?"  With the truth out I was suddenly horrible.  The situation was only remedied minutes later when Daddy (wise to the whole thing) checked and found the spider had miraculously "gotten up and run away."  After promising to always throw them outside from now on, I was reclaimed into my own family.  All of this drama because I did not follow my gut.  Always follow your gut.  My brain was busy weighing the moral consequences of lying to my child (she can't handle the truth!)  and my heart was wanting her to know that I was Mama- Slayer of All Things Bad in her world.  My gut knew the right thing to do all along.

If you do not care for spiders please do not look below!  I don not really like them, but I took this picture of a garden spider or Writing spider last summer from a very safe distance!  She was not in my bed so she may go about her business!