Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Equinox and the Search for Balance

 Yesterday was the Spring Equinox.  My mom was a science and math teacher for many years and she adored this trick.  You can stand a raw egg on its end and it will not roll away!  She is 60ish and still giggles at the thought of this wonder.  I love it too- Mother Earth doing another magic trick for us. As if all the rest weren't quite enough.  During this time of year her mighty gifts are just awakening around us.  This one's weird and just plain cool.  It works during the Fall Equinox as well so give it a try!  This guy's ability to stay still, perched like that, of course drew me into my own questions about balance.  The balance I'm seeking now involves how to be a full time, loving mom and still retain some of my own identity along the way.  When do my passions get a chance?  The creative tasks of blogging and picture taking certainly help in this category.  Focusing on the positives of the day to post here help me achieve some balance in terms of what happened during my day.  Using whatever tools it takes to pull out all the positives is a really good  and necessary thing.  The following is a picture I just had to take, and is a really great example of using a creative outlet to find balance.  Knowing that I want to express myself on this blog through photos, I have been really paying more attention to the beauty around me.  This is another of Mother Nature's Equinox wonders.  I can almost hear these buds chanting Spring is here!  Spring is Here!! SPRING IS HERE!!!!