Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Time for Play

Just a few snippets from today.  I'm always struck by how much fun- really deep down fun it is to play with blocks.  If you are ever down or in need of distraction and you happen to have a child in your life- blocks are your immediate solution.  I'm kinda planning on keeping my daughter's blocks long after she's "outgrown" them.  I may claim to keep them for decorating with, and they would be lovely.  Mostly I will keep them because the bright colors and combinations just make me feel good.  Building feels good.  Knowing there are no wrong decisions (okay if you count something that falls over, but that's quickly fixed and part of the fun!) feels great!  Go ahead- play!


In another game, my daughter likes to pretend she's a sparrow.  The picture below is one of her sparrow treats- a bowl of "worms".  I find it hysterical that she loves to pretend to eat worms but will not touch rice because it's too weird.  Ahh. Life.




What made me happy today?
* Building things...
* Decorating the towers with beaded necklaces, a pleasing mix of shiny and wood.
* Pretending to be a bird, complete with flying, "worm" snacks and feathery cuddles.
* Seeing real birds seemingly by the hundreds in the yard.  The robins are huge and hungry this spring!