Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Friday, August 5, 2011

How to Slip Cover Your Couch for Free

I have a micro-fiber couch.  It's the kind of couch you sit and sink deep down into. It's kind of an evil couch, refusing to let go of you and tormenting you all day as you think of the plushness to come....but I digress.  While it's truly dreamy and comfortable it does wear a little easily.  I was worried the seats would become worn and the fabric thin.  I came up with the easiest, cheapest slip cover imaginable.  I happened to have a few twin size fitted sheets.  I had some laying around that I couldn't get rid of even though I no longer have that size bed.  I also love to buy twin sheets, or any sheets on sales at stores.  If you think about it, you can get a good amount of fabric for a really low price if you hit it right.  You can get four or more yards from sheets and pay less than $10.  I bought one of the sheets in the following pictures at the end of the season last Spring for $3.99.  That's less than a dollar a yard for fleece!!  Fitted sheets make excellent slip covers for you cushions because all you really have to do is fold it around your seat cushions and the elastic will help keep it in place.  I like to push the fabric into the creases between the cushions, but that's just my preference.  It's that simple, and it couldn't be easier to redecorate for the seasons.  The first pictures show a flannel sheet I use in the Summer and Fall.  The second is a ridiculously soft fleece I use in the Winter and Spring.  You could use holiday sheets as well.  So no sew easy!