Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday's Studio Update

I have had an exciting week as far as creative work goes.  I'm about to list several shirts on Etsy. Trying a new avenue should be fun.  There seems to be such a great and growing community of crafters on Etsy that I'm finally diving in.  I am also working on designing a hooded scarf similar to the one I sold recently on e-bay.  Instead it will have a wider opening framing the face.  I was reading Mary Engelbreit's illustrated collection of fairy tales this evening with my little girl.  I was so surprised to see the hood I'm trying to create on a cloak in the Princess And The Pea story.  I hope I can nail it!  I  promise to post pictures as soon as I'm done.  I love Mary and all her work!  She is such an inspiration in the way that she finds and creates magic in all things.  She traps those purely exciting, beautiful moments of childhood and makes you remember that connection no matter what your age.  I hope to do the same in my creations, capture a feeling to be able to hold it any time.

Here are some of the shirts I'll be listing later this week: