Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday's World: Strangers Outside

On one of our last treks outside before it got reeeeediculously hot.  Yes, so hot it requires incorrect spelling and short trips to putter around the yard until you just give up and return indoors, covered in ticks and may flies.  First, a strange bug flew by and landed at our feet.  It was the same type of bug that had hauled itself off our car windshield before we were going too quickly the day before.  I am completely baffled as to what it is, but how interesting!  The giant false eyes are really cool!

These next guys are ones that my little girl found on another walk.  She was happy to find them again and show them to me.  They live on a pine tree and barely move for minutes, but then we they do go they can take off!  They look like something between a spider and an ant.  Sooo tiny!  I would love to know more about them as well!  I love the idea that there are so many things, so much life going on right under our noses.  I love that I have been poking around these very woods for years and am still finding things I've never seen before.  I love the thought that life can be like that too.  When I'm felling like life is plodding, or unclear, at least knowing that it to can bring new ways to make me curious is exciting and hopeful!