Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday World View

In a June garden...










You can barely make out my coffee mug behind the flowers in the last picture.  That picture will really help me remember the greatest joys of June.  Walking around in the morning, mug in hand, pausing to pick a basil leaf here or a rosemary leaf there.  Really lovely.  I also experienced something new in the yard this morning and I only wish I had a picture to show.  I spotted a bug flying towards me at a startling speed.  No, this in itself is not newsworthy, but the bug was unbelievable.  It was some sort of beetle, similar in shape to a ladybug, but with a slightly longer body and larger head.  it was gold in color.  The hysterically inspiring thing bout this mystery bur was the way that it flew.  This little guy (or gal :) ) was flying almost straight up and down, its head barely slicing threw the air before its belly.  Not only was the angle strange, the best thing about this bug was that all six of its legs were straight out as it flew!!  So it was in the X position with a couple extra legs out to the side.  I wish I could only hear its little voice, I imagine it was yelling "AHHHHHHHHHHH"  either in pure terror or joy!  I think this sums up June for me, and truly the way I want to live right now- full steam ahead!  Pushing headfirst into life and growth with all of my heart!