Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

World Wednesday: Nature Lover?


Today I wondered if I am becoming a nature wimp in my old age.  Since I was a kid I have loooooved being outdoors- anywhere, anytime.  Since having a child, however my joy for meanderings has slowed down.  Oh I'm outside all the time, but somehow it's not the same.  One reason could be the joy she takes in slogging through the most briary, bush choked realms of our property.  Another could be our growing copperhead population.  We've had a lot of construction on both sides of the property and it would seem the copperheads have decided our property would be a lovely haven. Yeck!  I don't mind the kinder, friendlier snakes but I don't enjoy the thought of one misstep ending with me loosing a leg.  A little dramatic?  Oh yeah baby!  But we set out- properly attired in leg gripping socks.  Not the trendiest, but they'll do against ticks!!  We had fun for a short while, battling agains the hottest day of the spring yet (almost 95 by 11:00 this morning!) I realized that I still love to be outside, it's just te added danger of protecting someome who thinks watching where they are going means looking at the sky and flora all around.  Of course that is nice too...when you're planning for it and it's in safer land.  We found a spot to stand and listen to the crazy cicadas and take tons of pictures.  It's a jungle here in Virginia already and it's just the first of June.  My little one took all of the following pictures all by herself!!  No doctoring at all.  Not bad for five!