Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday's Studio Update



I have done it!  I have found a focus!  Okay, okay I found nothing.  I was still floundering around trying to settle on one project at a time as of yesterday.  After a long talk with my best friend/husband, in which he made many profound observations about my approach to making things and many suggestions about an art driven business, and managed to not hurt my feelings even once...we came up with this plan.  So I will be focusing on this lovely hooded scarf for the next little while.  I made this gray version a few months ago- as I hope you would guess from the clothing.  No way I could have taken this picture today!!  I will be making it in several colors.  I'm working on black today and have red, green and blue in the wings.  I love this pattern.  I found it in Inside Crochet, a British crochet magazine.  It's ridiculously expensive here in the States, this one was a present from the aforementioned wonderful husband.  I alter the pattern a bit (because I want to use a different yarn with a different thickness) and a different size hook.  It's fun to keep up with the adjustments.  It's more fun to translate the patterns as I'm going!  British patterns are written differently.  I don't know if it's because I'm an Anglophile, or it's a coincidence, but the UK way of writing patterns makes so much more sense to me!!  It's actually harder to go back to the American way.  The hooded scarf is fun to work up and looks so romantic and Gothic to me!  Hope you enjoy!