Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday World View: Blackberries





The joys of blackberries!!  This is the only blackberry I have any contact with, and I think it would be fine with me if it stayed that way!  The last time I went in to replace my phone it was becuase it had slipped out of my pocket and into a toilet.  I didn't know how to rescue phones yet.  After my phone was soaked by ocean water last fall I put it in a bag of rice for 24 hours and it recovered fully.  Truly!  It was a little clickety for a couple more days but the function continued to improve until it was completely back.  So, when I went in to get that later-to-be-ocean-fodder phone, the clerk took one look at the old phone and said, "I take it you don't need much from your phone?"  Yeah.  No I don't!  I don't yet own anything that flips open or has a screen I can touch.  I like things a little less overwhelming.  I might convert someday... Right now I'm enjoying touching everything in the garden instead.  The blackberries are coming in, the string beans are lovely and the cosmos are in full swing.  My little one loves to pick seeds from the cosmos and the morning glories (as if they need help! :-P ), and then sprinkle them all around.  It's truly wonderful to be a part of the cycle of life.