Simply Beautiful.

Every day we are faced with the choice- how can I make life better today? What can I say, do, make, give or be to make my life and the lives of others better. Here I want to focus on the positives of life in each day, in each moment. By choosing how we answer those questions in a positive way, we make the world a better place for every single one.



I am trying a new format starting today. I will be posting Studio project and shop updates on Mondays. Each Wednesday I will post a "World Wednesday" update with things found in nature, or other nature related topics. On Fridays I will post a tip or project I suggest. Hopefully it will be a fun and exciting change!

All images and texts are copyrighted, please contact me for permission to use anything you see here.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Make Your Own Storage










I had to share a great and unbelievably easy recipe my family has really been enjoying this summer.  It all started with our basil.  The first picture shows our lovely basil, so far surviving the Japanese beetles so much better this year than last. I love how this picture captures the wild corners of my mother-in-law's garden.  The running cypress climbs through, with astilbe and black-eyed susans framing up the basil.  The second picture is of a boxwood basil- so cute and tasty!  I created a recipe that takes ten minutes (less if you're a fast chopper, alas I am not!) and won't heat up your kitchen!

        * You will need a package of pre-made Naan bread.  We discovered this at our local Walmart about a year ago and it has become a true staple.
        *  Start by laying the bread on a piece of foil and putting butter on the top.  Then pat a little olive oil onto the bread, using a paper towel.
       * Next, chop up any fresh herbs (or dried) you have available.  I used about a tablespoon and a half of fresh rosemary, about one tablespoon of fresh thyme, about a tablespoon of basil, and a tiny bit of oregano (ours is really spicy!).
       * Next I sprinkled Parmesan cheese in both it's shredded and powdered forms on the bread.  You can alter this to taste.
       *  I then put a little more olive oil on top, by patting with the paper towel again.  I did this step out of order once by accident and decided I like a little olive oil on top even better than only on the bread.
       * You can also add a layer of fresh tomatoes and a little bit more cheese if you wish.  I made one grown-up bread and one kid one today.
      * Then you place the whole thing, foil and all, in your toaster oven.  Time will vary, it takes about four minutes in mine.  Since the bread is already cooked you basically only have to melt the cheese and butter.  Take it out, slice and serve!  I usually cut mine in half and make triangle pieces in a pizza fashion.

This bread has a wonderful flavor and couldn't be easier!  Do you have any Naan favorites?